Sunday 6 July 2014

The War with Grandpa.

Kids,
  The following information is about "The War with Grandpa's" author. Read about him.


Robert Kimmel Smith
BIOGRAPHY
Born July 31, 1930.
Taught by Mom, Sally began reading easy books.

Had rheumatic fever at 8 and spent 3 months in bed. Did lots of reading and dreaming. First thoughts of becoming a writer.

Went through poetry period. Sent stuff to school newspaper. Hid my writings from my Mom.
Average student in high school, excelled in writing.

Brooklyn College, 1947. Proved I could not do chemistry, calculus. On leave since 1948.

US Army, Germany, 1951-53.

1954: Married Claire Medney, who later became my best editor and literary agent. She made me happy and was the mother of Heidi in 1962 and Roger in 1967.

Advertising copywriter from 1957 to 1969. Polished my writing and learned discipline.

1970: Became full time writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment